Date: Mar 24, 2013 11:27 PM
Author: Natialol
Subject: Constrained variable genetic algorithm

Hello,

Need help on solving a problem with the GA toolbox (have a variant soln that works but am not sure of the soln).
I have a function say 'piqe' that I am looking for the global minimum. The inputs to this function are (x1 ... xn). These inputs variables can only take values 1:5 (upper and lower bound).

However the variables serve as indexes (1 say leftmost, 5 rightmost) to a matrix function say

P = [30 20 10 5 0;
27 17 7 2 0;
20 14 4 0 0;
14 12 7 4 0;

I need to constrain the inputs to 'piqe' so that P(1,x1) + P(2,x2) + ...... + P(n,xn)<Constant.

I am having some problem on implementing the last part (relational constraint) into the toolbox.
thanks