Date: Mar 25, 2013 1:55 AM
Author: fom
Subject: Re: Mathematics and the Roots of Postmodern Thought

On 3/25/2013 12:35 AM, david petry wrote:
> On Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:14:03 PM UTC-7, fom wrote:
>

>> you failed to defend your notion of "falsifiability"
>> in the last thread you started.

> Of course, that is extremely easy for you to assert, and impossible for me to disprove *to you*.

It is no "assertion".

This is your final participation in that thread:

And this is my statement encouraging you to continue with
your efforts:

You gave up.

You should not do that. 10 years ago I had been
horribly flamed. I never gave up on my principles.
I educated myself on my deficiencies. And, even
now, there is no guarantee that I have covered every
topic that I needed.

Among other things, I have come to learn that the
person who flamed me felt justified in doing so
and I no longer blame him. He had his beliefs
based on his educational background and I came
to the party unprepared.

That was my fault.

Now if you care to explain why you believe that
I would be unfair to you, you should do so.