Date: Mar 25, 2013 11:41 PM
Author: fom
Subject: Re: Mathematics and the Roots of Postmodern Thought

On 3/25/2013 10:08 PM, david petry wrote:
> On Monday, March 25, 2013 7:53:47 PM UTC-7, fom wrote:
>

>> I observe, however, that Western European culture had
>> pursued science prior to the introduction of zero. I
>> am fairly certain that the classic civilizations did
>> not have zero.

> Q: How many pennies do you have in your pocket?
>
> A: I can't answer that, because my civilization has not yet invented the concept of "zero".

Since I earn less than the median income in my
country I empathize with your reply.

It is, however, not an argument to support your
claim.

You ask that your statements be taken seriously.

You are not being flamed.

I merely questioned your statement in relation
to your thesis and asked for clarification on
a point which you are choosing to ignore.