Date: Mar 26, 2013 4:05 AM
Author: Bob Hanlon
Subject: Re: Table with condition

Module[{ri, list},
list = {ri = RandomInteger[10]};
While[ri != 5, AppendTo[list, ri = RandomInteger[10]]];
list]

{2, 2, 5}

AppendTo is fairly inefficient. If the condition is such that the list
is likely to be very long, the following may be a better approach:

Module[{ri, list},
list = {ri = RandomInteger[10]};
While[ri != 5, list = {list, ri = RandomInteger[10]}];
list // Flatten]

{2, 8, 2, 10, 6, 2, 6, 5}

Bob Hanlon