Date: Mar 28, 2013 4:19 PM
Author: Ricardo Pereira
Subject: Simscape - Ventilated air gap betwwen two walls

Hi.

I´m modeling a air gap between to walls in SIMSCAPE.
I have a thermal mass of the air gap at center, a convective heat transfer at left and one at right. this is my air gap. It works fine when is not ventilated.

When is ventilated, I connected a formula (made with simscape bloks):
mCp(Delta T) with an ideal heat flow source to the thermal mass.
m is the airflow
Cp is the specific heat of air
Delta T is the temperature of the room minus the temperature of the thermal mass

Is this ok??

When I connect the flow with an ideal heat flow source I'm making an addition or a multiplication??