Date: Apr 4, 2013 2:57 PM
Author: William Hughes
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On Apr 4, 8:30 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> On 4 Apr., 19:45, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > And you believe that, therefore, always elements must exists which in
> > > principle are subject to induction but in fact are not subjected to
> > > induction?

> > Nope, just that you can have a collection where everything in the
> > collection
> > is subject to induction, but where the collection itself is not
> > subject to
> > induction.

> If the collection is something else than all its elements, then you
> may be right.

No, a collection is no more and no less than "all its elements".
Note the "no less". A collection need not share a property
that every one of its elements has. In this case
every one of the elements of the collection has the property
that it can be removed without changing the union.
The collection does not have this property.

[This holds for the "collection of all finite lines"
other collections, e.g. a "collection of three lines"
do have the property that they can be removed without
changing the union]