Date: Apr 5, 2013 8:04 PM
Author: namducnguyen
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 05/04/2013 5:55 PM, Virgil wrote:
> In article <YaJ7t.99953$8d.75210@newsfe14.iad>,
> Nam Nguyen <> wrote:

>>> The only theology here is to be found in WM's theocracy of one.

>> There exists such a thing as a mathematical theology: the mathematical
>> concept of the natural numbers, as "the standard structure" for the
>> language of arithmetic.

> One may question whether there should be an infinite totality of natural
> numbers, but to consider them all to be "non-standard" in mathematics
> seems a bit much.

I didn't say anything about "non-standard".

The point I'd like to bring across is to _declare_ them be "standard",
or even "non-standard" is to be anti mathematical logic: the natural
numbers, together with their collective standardness or
non-standardness, is a _non-logical_ concept. As such, they'd have
no final say in logical reasoning as we've tended to _believe_ after