Date: Apr 11, 2013 4:20 PM
Author: kees de kapper
Subject: Re: Arithmetic deduction/extraction

Thanks for replying. I'm going to look into it.

What I'm trying to make is a simple way for users to apply arithmetic operation of loaded images. I've created an Image-Object that contains multiple properties and methods which make the use of images much more elegant. If I have to do Arithmetic operations it is now very easy and robust.
Now, I'd like to enable this "interface" for users. If a user now writes "2*Img1+Img3/Img5" I need to extract all the operations and excecute some methods/functions for example cropping, transformations etc. "Img1*2" is straight forward to extract, but "(2*Img1+Img2)/3" is not.
Could this easily be done in Matlab?

Thanks for considering.

Kees