Date: Apr 12, 2013 2:03 AM
Author: byron
Subject: Godel cant tell us what makes a maths statement true-thus his theorem<br> is meaningless?ws

=

Australias leading erotic poet colin leslie dean show Godels theorem is meaningless as he cannot tell us what makes a math statement true

Godels theorem is about there being true maths statements which cant be proven
yet
godel cant tell us what makes these statements true
thus
his theorem is meaningless

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32970323/Godels-incompleteness-theorem-invalid-illegitimate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems#Fir
"Gödel's first incompleteness theorem, perhaps the single most celebrated result in mathematical logic, states that: For any consistent formal, recursively enumerable theory that proves
basic arithmetical truths, an arithmetical statement that is true, but not provable in the theory, can be constructed.1 That is, any effectively generated theory capable of expressing elementary arithmetic cannot be both consistent and complete. "

you see godel referes to true statement
but Godel cant tell us what makes a maths statement true
thus his theorem is meaningless

peter smith the Cambridge expert on Godel admitts Gödel didn't rely on the notion of truth

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.logic/browse_thread/thread/ebde70bc932fc0a7/de566912ee69f0a8?lnk=gst&q=G%C3%B6del+didn%27t+rely+on+the+notion+PETER+smith#de566912ee69f0a8

Quote:
Gödel didn't rely on the notion
of truth"

now because Gödel didn't rely on the notion
of truth he cant tell us whatmakes a maths statements true
thus his theorem is meaningless
it is like me saying there are gibbly statements which cant be proven but not being able to tell you what gibbly statements are, then you all would say my theorem is meaningless

without telling us what makes a maths statement true godels theorem is meaningless as we not know what makes a maths statement true