Date: Apr 12, 2013 8:44 AM
Author: GPJ
Subject: RE: Differences in the curriculum

I was slowly working on that as well, and for me the hard part of the new Algebra curriculum is distinguishing the assessment limits for those dual-standards that are taught in both courses. The document linked has that information laid out in the clearest way, short of actually creating a standard that is specific for each course (which would have been the most helpful choice).

There are teachers in my BOCES who are working on HS curricula that match the "modules" sequence and the PARCC's focus areas. Are other districts/BOCES working on this?
http://engageny.org/sites/default/files/resource/attachments/a_story_of_functions_currriculum_map_and_overview_9-12.pdf

~Gene Jordan

From: Elise Teitelbaum <eet314@gmail.com<mailto:eet314@gmail.com>>
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Date: 04/12/2013 07:46 AM
Subject: Differences in the curriculum
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org>

Can anybody tell me what is in the new Integrated Algebra curriculum (for the 2014 test) that is not in the curriculum for the this year's exam?

Are there more topics that need to be covered prior to next year's early June exam compared to the topics that need to be covered for this year's mid June exam.

Is there a site that I can access to see the differences?

Spam<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0mJmXQ2aM&m=5a9733500626&t=20130412&c=s>
Not spam<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0mJmXQ2aM&m=5a9733500626&t=20130412&c=n>
Forget previous vote<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0mJmXQ2aM&m=5a9733500626&t=20130412&c=f>

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. This message may contain confidential student or personnel data or an attorney-client communication and as such is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message and any attached documents in error, that any review, dissemination/disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message and documents. Thank you for your cooperation.