Date: Apr 12, 2013 1:26 PM
Author: Mehran Basti
Subject: Basti/ Statement of Research

Dear Newsgroup:

Please find as attached a PDF copy of my recent research statement.

In my retirement time, I have to organize and sort out about 50GB of my research materials, on Riccati and polynomial equations, written mainly on Maple files (within the last 3 decades), as lecture notes suitable for publication.

This should be done after appropriate copyright processing and independent publishing (A difficult task to undertake).

My notes, in the statement of research, are my personal scientific viewpoints, purely expressed from my own scientific understandings of the issues, related to the Universe.

It should not be interpreted as offensive and prejudice towards any groups, particularly minorities.

This is what I felt, is the state of scientific practice today, particularly in the USA.

If in the past, I made some political statements, in the newsgroup, you do not need to take them so seriously.

I am not a politician (Never would like to be), but I am mathematician (My mathematics will remain for centuries, as I BELIEVE IT).

Possibly I was naïve to even express my political views publicly, and perhaps it was due to, symptoms of my long-term unemployment, within the math community!

I sent a copy of my research statement, to professor David Vogan, president of the AMS, in M.I.T, for publication in the Notices of the AMS.

But so far they are as usual silent over any ideas related to the New Exact Math (see my articles in this Newsgroup).

In March 2013 issue of the Notices, professor Vogan commented:

? A great deal of what we are about is conveying mathematics, as opposed to creating it. Conveying mathematics is some of the greatest work mathematicians do. Nevertheless, it?s clear that there is a fairly widespread perception that we are all terrible at it. This perception leads to difficulties? ?

Professor Vogan is short of saying that, these difficulties are due to the fact that, the Math establishment will not permit practice of newly created math, such as mine. They need to practice through mainstream research. Indeed, the math community unfortunately structured to do so.

It seems to me that, there are some difficulties relating to advancement of new fields of research such as New Exact Math (from both political and academic perspectives as well as some internal power struggle within Math community).

Looks like,it is easier for the establishment of the AMS to promote ideas of kind of research, like Fermat Last theorem, than, my kind of mathematics.

As noted in the Notices of the AMS October 2007:

? FLT is somewhat isolated statement that does not by itself have important implications that could be explored?

I believe the issues of polynomials and Riccati equations are far more important and feasible to our understanding of the Universe, than FLT and Poincare? conjecture.

Advancements of New Exact Math possibly revolutionize mathematics, and many fields of research, particularly related to algebra, such as representation theory, will be dismantled in the future.

This is also another reason for delaying promotion of my research.

In the same issue of the Notices of the AMS, Professor Vogan , in his article, the character table for E8, describes analysis of a polynomial using 60GB of ram on memory.

My computations are also extremity heavy, with a difference that, the mathematical language of problems are much simpler, contrary to very complex proofs with variety of vocabulary in his paper as well as FLT.

Since I made use of DNA, in relation to the Riccati equations, I wanted to clarify my position, in this regard, as corresponds to the issues of science and religion.

I do not believe that, science is an enemy of the religion (As sometimes stated by opponents of religion).

It is my understanding that, we need to appreciate and understand, both domains of investigations of the Universe.

Sincerely

Dr.Mehran Basti

April 12, 2013