Date: Apr 23, 2013 3:36 PM
Author: Wayne Bishop
Subject: Re: This 'Education Reform' Is A Destructive Fad

Too much credence to student test performance is,
by definition, too much. The unfortunate fact is
that the entire education industry avoids any
sense of responsibility for objectively assessed,
meaningful, collective student performance.

That said, the idea that factoring collective
student performance into teacher/principal/school
system assessment causes cheating is an
abomination. Cheating is cheating
period. Proven evidence should warrant, at a
bare minimum, a letter of censure in the file of
those involved and dismissal with the first
occurrence would not be excessive. An important
part of the job is that of role model, like it or
not. Excusing cheating by teachers or principals
is a horrible message to be sending to
students. They're good enough at knowing about
cheating without endorsement by the education industry.

W Bishop