Date: Mar 28, 2013 5:21 AM
Author: Jawahir
Subject: features recognition & reconstruction of 3d mesh delaunay

I managed to display the coordinates of x,y and z into a 3D mesh by using delaunay function. The coordinates are in .obj format actually and i have read it into matrix form.

Now, i would like to extract certain features / regions from the 3D mesh, reconstruct a new mesh and get the coordinates of it (I would like to extract specific ROI or volume of interest (VOI) form the mesh).

For example:

A 3D facial image mapped into triangular mesh, and i want to extract the nose region. the same method can be used as template for other data.

Is it possible? Thank you in advance.