Date: Apr 30, 2013 11:02 AM
Author: Spehro Pefhany
Subject: Re: the situation is worse than you thought

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 06:41:11 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:26:37 -0700 (PDT), RichD <r_delaney2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Yesterday, I was on a college shuttle bus. The driver
>>was telling a passenger about the alumni donors, that
>>you have to give a billion $ to get your name on a
>>monument; "Do you know how much is a billion?
>>It's about a hundred million"
>>
>>Are bus drivers allowed to vote? This explains much.

>Bus drivers don't need to know this stuff. It's more disturbing when journalists
>and politicians are obviously innumerate, which they generally are.
>
>Could be the driver was being ironic with that busload of college brats.

If you want to feel sad, read some of the comments on this:

http://www.yankodesign.com/2013/04/26/plug-it-on-the-window/

I hope most of them are 'plants' by some amoral marketing firm. I'd
hate to think that many people are so innumerate.

All they need to do is to solve a couple of "technical problems".
Kettles and toasters from something the size of a hockey puck. 8-(