Date: Apr 30, 2013 11:22 AM
Author: John  Larkin
Subject: Re: the situation is worse than you thought

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:02:18 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
<speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 06:41:11 -0700, John Larkin
><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:26:37 -0700 (PDT), RichD <r_delaney2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Yesterday, I was on a college shuttle bus. The driver
>>>was telling a passenger about the alumni donors, that
>>>you have to give a billion $ to get your name on a
>>>monument; "Do you know how much is a billion?
>>>It's about a hundred million"
>>>
>>>Are bus drivers allowed to vote? This explains much.

>>Bus drivers don't need to know this stuff. It's more disturbing when journalists
>>and politicians are obviously innumerate, which they generally are.
>>
>>Could be the driver was being ironic with that busload of college brats.

>If you want to feel sad, read some of the comments on this:
>
>http://www.yankodesign.com/2013/04/26/plug-it-on-the-window/
>
>I hope most of them are 'plants' by some amoral marketing firm. I'd
>hate to think that many people are so innumerate.
>
>All they need to do is to solve a couple of "technical problems".
>Kettles and toasters from something the size of a hockey puck. 8-(

That's great. A new way to make a comfortable living without much work: make up
ideas like this, get crowdsource funding, repeat as needed.

Maybe there was a reason that private investment and going-public fund raising
had some rules.

Check out these people!

http://www.yankodesign.com/about/

Thanks for the link; this is great stuff.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer