Date: May 5, 2013 9:47 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2

Phil Mahler Posted: May 5, 2013 11:51 AM

>I know I'm being extreme, but I see our remedial
>programs doing far too much filtering...

Phil,

You are not an extremist. To the contrary, you make some useful points on some important issues that thoughtful people should have been thinking about for a while. In fact, the bone of contention in this discussion thread is not about you, at all.

The issue here is why David Berliner calls Lawrence Gilligan
A. Bartlett Giamatti, and Glenn T. Seaborg
liars, yet he is not ipso facto instantly discredited in the eyes of Richard Hake and everybody else in this forum.

Haim