Date: May 12, 2013 11:37 AM
Author: Jerry P. Becker
Subject: Conference Announcement: Int'l Maths Educ for the Future 2014

*********************************
Information provided by Alan Rogerson.
*********************************
Dear friends,

My email address has changed from
<mailto:alan@rogerson.pol.pl>alan@rogerson.pol.pl to
<mailto:alan@cdnalma.poznan.pl>alan@cdnalma.poznan.pl

Preliminary Notice and Call for Papers:

International Mathematics Education for the Future Conference 2014 -
for Croatia now read Montenegro!

We have just completed a successful site inspection at Hunguest Hotel
Sun Resort in Herceg Novi, Montenegro, who have offered us the very
best terms and conditions for our next international conference in
2014 from Sunday Sep 21st (arrival day only with Welcome Reception)
to Friday, Sep 26th (departure day only).

There will be four working days including a half day excursion to the
nearby UNESCO World Heritage old town of Dubrovnik.

The hotel is in the most favoured and beautiful bay along the Balkan
Adriatic coast and is easily accessible from Dubrovnik airport in
Croatia and Tivot airport in Montenegro. Catch a glimpse of paradise
at:
<http://www.hotelsunresort.hunguesthotels.com>http://www.hunguesthotels.hu/en/hotel/herceg_novi/hunguest_hotel_sun_resort/
.

The title/theme of the conference will be: The Future of Mathematics
Education in a Connected World.

Our eleven previous conferences since 1999, held by the Maths
Education into the 21st Century Project, were renowned for their
friendly and productive atmosphere, and were attended by many
innovative movers and shakers from around the world. We now welcome
proposals for papers and workshops in all areas of innovation in
mathematics, science, computing and statistics education.

We would especially like to help research students/lecturers by
offering free double-blind peer review for formal research papers
sent to us in good time by registered participants. Please indicate
below if you are interested in this possibility and I will send you
full details of deadlines. The Proceedings will be published as a DVD
for each participant, and will also be available on-line. In addition
there is a possibility of selected papers being published as a book
after the conference.

The Early Bird Registration Fee (before February 1st, 2014) will be
(per person) 355 euro for double/twin share and 420 euro for single
accommodation. This will cover all conference documents and social
events, five nights B&B accommodation and all meals and coffee/tea
breaks, except on two evenings participants will be free to enjoy
dinner at the local waterfront restaurants and in the charming old
town of Herceg Novi.

Thank you to all who sent us previous feedback, it would be most
helpful now to hear from you if you are planning to attend. If so
please reply to this email at
<mailto:alan@rogerson.pol.pl>alan@cdnalma.poznan.pl with answers
below:

I plan to attend definitely.......... probably.........., possibly...........

I am planning to present a paper with the provisional
title......................................... and would be
interested in double blind peer review, please indicate Yes or
No..........

The First Announcement will be sent to you later and will contain
full conference details.

We look forward to meeting you in Montenegro next year!

Best wishes,
Alan

Dr. Alan Rogerson
D.Phil (Oxon), M.Sc., B.Sc., B.A. (Lon), Dip.Ed., Cert. Ed. (Cantab).
International Coordinator of the Mathematics Education for the Future Project

Jerry P. Becker
Dept. of Curriculum & Instruction
Southern Illinois University
625 Wham Drive