Date: May 23, 2013 6:41 AM
Author: joshipura@gmail.com
Subject: Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs

I am not a mathematician - but can understand prime numbers, and even the hypothesis under discussion.

I wanted to tell to my children (who also know about prime numbers) about this development. Here is my script:

"For years mathematicians are struggling to prove that they will always find larger and larger cases of p where p and p+2 both are primes.

Someone recently proved that
if p is a prime number, within p + 70,000,000 there is another prime number q, no matter how large p is.

So, now mathematicians will work on finding what types of p's this 70 million is negotiable to smaller numbers, eventually going down to 2."

Is my understanding correct?