Date: May 27, 2013 12:56 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: When math makes sense - w/ cooking, consruction

On May 25, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Anna Roys <roys.anna@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps. However, one might also consider the value whereby students who are not engaged in their studies become engaged due to creative presentation of content.

We all want that. Now all we need to do is reestablish an oath of teaching whereby the policy makers, schools and teachers provide honest and reasonable guidance to their students and their prospects. Most of these students will be doing something "hands on" when they leave school. It won't be algebra. It is about time that school has meaning again, and not just for the academically minded.

Bob Hansen