Date: Jun 4, 2013 8:01 PM
Author: Richard Hake
Subject: Economic Outcomes of a U.S. Carbon Tax

Some subscribers to MathEdCC might be interested in a recent post
"Economic Outcomes of a U.S. Carbon Tax" [Hake (2013)].

Q. What do the "Economic Outcomes of a U.S. Carbon Tax" have to do
with math education?

A. Predicting and understanding such outcomes requires education in
e.g.: biology, chemistry, economics, ethics, engineering,
evaluation,MATHEMATICS, physics, politics, psychology, and technology
- not the narrow economic focus of the National Association of
Manufacturers (NAM).

The abstract reads:

**************************************
ABSTRACT: In response to my post "Would a Carbon Tax Save Life on
Planet Earth?" [Hake (2013)] at <http://yhoo.it/16ECfUn>, POD's Ed
Gehringer at <http://bit.ly/15xY57m> wrote: "Those interested in the
other side of the story might be interested in reading 'Economic
Outcomes of a U. S. Carbon Tax' [NERA (2013)] at
<http://bit.ly/18Lvai3> . . . . . ."

Unfortunately NERA (2013)] fails to mention the global threat to life
on Planet Earth - see e.g., "Storms of My Grandchildren [Hansen
(2010)] at <http://bit.ly/LfiwzY>. Without life on Planet Earth there
will be no need for the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM).
Thus in its "Letter to Congress on Carbon Tax" [NAM (2013b)] at
<http://bit.ly/11pDulw>, the NAM essentially lobbies in support of
its own demise.
**************************************

To access the complete 9 kB post please click on <http://yhoo.it/16HDFxh>.

Links to Articles: <http://bit.ly/a6M5y0>
Links to Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) Labs: <http://bit.ly/9nGd3M>
Academia: <http://bit.ly/a8ixxm>
Blog: <http://bit.ly/9yGsXh>
GooglePlus: <http://bit.ly/KwZ6mE>
Google Scholar: <http://bit.ly/Wz2FP3>
Twitter: <http://bit.ly/juvd52>
Facebook: <http://on.fb.me/XI7EKm>

REFERENCES [URL's shortened by <http://bit.ly/> and accessed on 04 June 2013.]

Hake, R.R. 2013. "Economic Outcomes of a U.S. Carbon Tax," online on
the OPEN! Net-Gold archives at <http://yhoo.it/16HDFxh>. Post of 4
Jun 2013 12:31:30 -0700 to AERA-L and Net-Gold. The abstract and link
to the complete post are being transmitted to various discussion
lists also on my blog "Hake'sEdStuff" at <http://bit.ly/12rr1AV>.