Date: Jun 6, 2013 5:07 AM
Author: Michael de Villiers
Subject: Dynamic Geometry Sketches & Homepage sites updated, June 2013
My 'Downloadable Articles' Homepage at http://dynamicmathematicslearning.com/homepage4.html has been updated with the following new items:
1) "What is the function?" Models the height of water being poured into a tilted container in a video clip with a simple differential equation to find the function.
2) "Relations between the sides and diagonals of a set of hexagons" Explores the analogous case for parallelo-hexagons of the parallelogram theorem that the sum of the squares of the sides of a parallelogram is equal to the sum of the squares of its diagonals.
3) June '13 Math e-Newsletter with info about new books, website, conferences, etc. At: http://frink.machighway.com/~dynamicm/newsletter.html
4) mathematical/mathematics education quote
5) mathematics/science cartoon.
My 'Dynamic Geometry Sketches' site available at: http://dynamicmathematicslearning.com/JavaGSPLinks.htm has been updated with the following:
1) A generalization of a parallelogram theorem to parallelo-hexagons, and Douglas' theorem for polygons. (New)
2) Hierarchical Quadrilateral Tree. (Updated)
3) Van Aubel's theorem and some generalization. (Updated)
4) Some unproved conjectures. (Updated)
and the 'Student Explorations' section at: http://dynamicmathematicslearning.com/studentexplore.html with:
1) A generalization of a parallelogram theorem to parallelo-hexagons (New)
2) What function? Modeling the height of water against time in a tilted container (New)