Date: Jun 17, 2013 1:42 PM
Author: Morse, Dana
Subject: Re: Calculator questions

The reason that you are not seeing the same Press-to-Test options is because the Operating Systems are not the same.

To check the OS, press 2nd, +, Enter.

The latest OS for the TI-84 Plus is v2.55MP.

If you update to that and use Press-to-Test you will see the same screen on all of the units.

Log and Summation templates are acceptable for all Math Regents exams as they are not symbolic manipulations.

Please see my post last week on the Press-to-Test Guide for getting the different TI models into and out of Testing mode.

If you need me to send it to you send me a direct message.

Mr. Dana F. Morse
New York State
Pennsylvania
Partnership Development Consultant
Texas Instruments Incorporated

Cell: (315) 730-9858

For Technical Support:1-800-TI-CARES

For Support for Navigator Systems: 1-866-TI-NAVIGATOR

On Jun 17, 2013, at 1:36 PM, "Patricia Thompson" <pthompson@cmschools.org<mailto:pthompson@cmschools.org>> wrote:

I have two calculator questions from a colleague:

1. When resetting the TI - 84 Plus calculators (for TEST PREP) that have the summation and logBASE capabilities, some of our calculators have the message of disabling those options and others don't. How do we disable those that don't give us that option?
2. Secondly, how do we reinable the apps and these functions after the exam?

Thanks
Tricia Thompson