Date: Jul 3, 2013 11:53 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?

On Jul 3, 2013, at 10:59 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> R Hansen says:
>> So out of a random sample of 100 people, how many people are you suggesting play an instrument?
>
> Read the census data. Don't like that, make up your own number. (And, I was probably being conservative in my estimates of people I know personally.)
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

What census data? And I wasn't talking about how many people you know that play an instrument. I asked you "How many people out of a random sample of 100 play an instrument?"

You are talking like you have a number in mind. A number much larger than my estimate of 5%. I just want to know what that number is. I would say anything over 10% would look pretty silly.

Bob Hansen