Date: Jul 5, 2013 3:01 AM
Author: Jonathan Crabtree
Subject: Danish and Dutch arithmetic help needed. Please connect me.

Dear friend of a Mathforum friend

My name is Jonathan Crabtree. I live in Melbourne Australia.

At the moment I'm exploring arithmetic in Dutch and Danish.

I can get inter-library requests yet they take 6-8 weeks.

So maybe some photos emailed from a cell phone can be organised instead.

I am happy to pay up to AU$25 for costs as this is what the snail-mail approach would cost me via inter-library document request.

=====
DUTCH TRANSLATION
=====
DUTCH EUCLID TITLE PAGE
http://jonathancrabtree.com/1500s/1695-CVOOGHT_Euclidis_Beginselen_Dutch_Cover.jpg

DUTCH DEFINITION OF MULTIPLICATION NEEDED IN ENGLISH
http://jonathancrabtree.com/1500s/1695-CVOOGHT_Euclidis_Beginselen_Dutch_Multiplication_Definition.jpg

SOURCE: http://books.google.nl/books?id=l9RJAAAAMAAJ&pg=PP11&dq=euclidis+beginselen

DUTCH VERSION OF EUCLID'S BOOK VII DEFINITIONS WANTED

1929/30 edition by Eduard Jan Dijksterhuis

Locations ON SHELF
http://www.worldcat.org/title/elementen-van-euclides-dl-2-de-boeken-ii-xiii-der-elementen/oclc/769144672&referer=brief_results

Leiden University Library
EUR - University Library
Fontys University of Applied Sciences
Koninklijke Bibliotheek
Universiteit Maastricht
Museum Boerhaave Leiden

***************
Would somebody please take photos of the 22/23 Arithmetic definitions and notes at the start of Book VII and email them to me please?

DANISH DEFINITIONS FROM EUCLID BOOK VII WANTED

Euklids Elementer, VII-XIII / oversat af Thyra Eibe

Universiteit van Amsterdam, Netherlands Centrale Bibliotheek
University of Amsterdam, Netherlands Central Library

http://opc.hva.uva.nl/F/?func=find-c&ccl_term=035=151035288

On Shelf
Shelf number UBM: 1948 D 29
Location UBA Book Depot (IWO)

Would somebody please take photos of the definitions at the start of Book VII and email them to me please?

This is OK under copyright as it's for research and less than 10% of the book.

My email is [sendtojonathan at yahoo dot com dot au]

Thank you for any assistance!

Jonathan Crabtree
Mathematics researcher
Melbourne Australia