Date: Jul 10, 2013 8:25 AM
Author: Jimmy
Subject: Understand Basic Ax+Bx=C

Hello,
I'm reading a book trying to catch up on my geometry.
In the book I can't for the life of me figure out how the author devised some of the answers he's been giving.

In the simple equation y=3 he converts it to Ax+Bx=C equaling 0x+1y=3. Earlier he stated that "The graph of an equation of the form Ax+By=C, where A and B are not both 0, is a straight line." A is 0 and the equation results in a straight line.

In the second part of the problem he states:
"Pick three x values, such as 0, 1, -1. When you plug them into the equation, you get the three ordered pairs (0,3), (4,3), and (-4,3)."

How is it if you put 0, 1, and -1 as x you get anything that isn't 0, 1, and -1 as x. I have no idea how the answers 0, 4, and -4 were came up with.

I'm totally confused I left the question and starting other problems. Appreciate any help that is offered.
Thanks