Date: Jul 11, 2013 10:15 PM
Author: Derek Goring
Subject: Re: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input

On Friday, July 12, 2013 11:56:07 AM UTC+12, Mehdi  wrote:
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <krmg14$ncs$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>

> > "TideMan" <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > *snip*
>

> > > Well, you didn't follow my instructions, did you?
>
> > > Read the 2nd paragraph of my last post again and follow my instructions to
>
> > > the letter.
>

> > > BTW, this has nothing to do with Matlab.
>
> > > You should be able to do it in a DOS window by typing
>
> > > C:/Mysoftware/Myprogram.exe < ControlFile.ctl
>

> > This documentation from Microsoft's website says Windows XP, but I believe
>
> > the information it contains applies for later versions of Windows as well
>
> > (at least Vista and Windows 7; not sure about Windows 8 but I'd guess it
>
> > will work there too.)
>

> > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/redirection.mspx?mfr=true
>

> > --
>
> > Steve Lord
>
> > slord@mathworks.com
>
> > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
>
> > http://www.mathworks.com
>

> Thank you Steve! I never knew anything about control files, redirection operators etc.
>
> My windows is 7. I tried all the options (<, >,<<, >>, <&, >&,|) but still it doesn't work. I'm really frustrated. I'm using:
>
> system('C:/myfolder/myprogram.exe < C:/myfolder/for005.dat');
>
> So what am I missing here?
>
> Thank you again.
>
> Mehdi

You're frustrated?
What about me?
I keep telling you what to do, but you completely ignore what I say.

I'll try once more in language a 5-year-old would understand.

1. Open a DOS window
2. Type:
notepad ControlFile.ctl <Enter> this means you must hit the key with Enter on it
2a Type:
C:/myfolder/for005.dat <Enter>
2b Click the wee cross at the top right corner of the window and when it asks if you want to save, click Save.
3. At the DOS prompt type:
C:/myfolder/myprogram.exe < ControlFile.ctl <Enter>