Date: Jul 14, 2013 3:19 AM
Author: Nasser Abbasi
Subject: Re: An independent integration test suite

On 7/13/2013 11:22 PM, daly@axiom-developer.org wrote:

> Axiom has published a Computer Algebra Test Suite at
> http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/CATS/index.html
>
> It includes Schaums integrals and Kamke's Ordinary Differential Equations.

I am working on Kamke, and have all the ode's and have the book also which
I check with.

The problem is writing the document itself to show the result of Maple
and Mathematica next to each other is what is taking long time,
since it involves lots of manual work.

The problem is with Maple it is not possible to export each result
on its own to a .png file so I can include that in my Latex report.

Exporting each ODE's result to Latex does not work for long results
since sometimes the latex needs manual breaking of the generated
equation. (if there is long expression between \left(... and \right)

So I have to do each one by one and use .png files to capture
the result.

Currently there are about 150 or so done

http://12000.org/my_notes/kamek/kamke_differential_equations.htm

again, to make a document, in Latex, which includes many CAS's
results, the CAS itself must help in terms of making it easy
to export things. Mathematica is very good in this area, so one can
automate all this in code and run over the hundreds of the ODE's and do
everything in code. But to integrate results of other CAS'es into
one document, this process breaks down.

--Nasser