Date: Jul 15, 2013 11:28 AM
Author: John Smith
Subject: Help Needed with an Integration

Hello All,

I am working through a pretty nasty double integration.

It came up in a new physics paper I am reviewing.

I do not think their is an analytical solution. The paper did not mention one. Though, there was some work addressing it mentioned in the paper.

I have messed with it in MATLAB and Excel to try and tackle it. I have limited success, if I got an analytical solution it would be much better.

I took it to a college professor and had them play with it to try and get a solution. He wants me to get MATLAB to solve it numerically.

Here it is:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gOZAl4L.png[/IMG]

I need to take this and make it algebra. Fortunately I already know the solution. Here they are:

Applied: Solution:
-11 0.1
-9 0.1
-7 0.1
-5 0.3
-3 0.3
-1 0.4
1 0.6
3 0.8
5 1
7 1.7
9 2.3
11 3.1
13 4.2
15 5.2
17 6.5
19 7.6
21 8.8
23 10.3
25 11.5
27 12.9
29 14.3

Can anyone help? or suggest places, people or software to get help from?