Date: Jul 16, 2013 6:33 PM
Author: LudovicoVan
Subject: Re: Matheology § 300

"Virgil" <> wrote in message
> In article <ks47jn$qb$>,
> "Julio Di Egidio" <> wrote:

>> "Virgil" <> wrote in message

>> > Where is your evidence that, prior to the invention of writing, mankind
>> > ever counted anything?

>> Anthropology, but even just a bit of good sense: writing is a relatively
>> late invention.

> Mere speculation doesn't count.
> Once writing began, evidence of counting, in the recording of numbers,
> accumulated, but before writing, where is there any HARD evidence for
> anyone counting?

You are shameless...

Yet nothing is per chance and here is a result I have got at a first

Jadran Mimica
Intimations of Infinity: The Cultural Meanings of the Iqwaye Counting and
Number Systems
<< From a description of the counting system of Iqwaye people of Papua New
Guinea, the author develops a deeper and broader interpretation of the
Iqwaye kinship system and cosmology, culminating in a powerful critique of
western assumptions about the development of rational thought. >>

Interesting, innit? Enjoy if you can.