Date: Jul 20, 2013 5:09 AM
Author: Pentcho Valev
Subject: Re: EMISSION THEORY, ETHER THEORY, EINSTEIN'S 1905 CENTAUR

Both the emission theory and the ether theory predict that, when the observer starts moving towards the source of the light waves with speed v, the speed of the waves relative to the observer shifts from c to c'=c+v, the frequency as measured by the observer shifts from f=c/L to f'=c'/L=(c+v)/L and the wavelength remains unchanged, L'=L.

The prediction is physically reasonable since it establishes a straightforward analogy between light waves and other kinds of waves.

Einstein's 1905 centaur is allergic to c'=c+v but, on the other hand, is forced to put up with f'=(c+v)/L insofar as this formula is experimentally confirmed. So Einsteinians obey two implicit rules:

1. The formula f'=c'/L=(c+v)/L should always be reduced to f'=(c+v)/L, Divine Einstein, yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Even f'=(c+v)/L is too dangerous so honest Einsteinians should always replace it with f'=f(1+v/c) which is a much more beautiful formula, Divine Einstein, yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity.

2. Honest Einsteinians should also avoid the formula (frequency)=(speed of the light waves)/(wavelength). This extremely dangerous formula suggests that, since the motion of the observer is obviously unable to change the wavelength, the frequency shift from f=c/L to f'=(c+v)/L can only be caused by a shift in the speed of the light waves relative to the observer, that is, a shift from c to c'=c+v. This may make Einsteinians stop singing "Divine Einstein" and "Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity" which is unacceptable. In Divine Albert's world one will always sing "Divine Einstein" and "Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity":

http://www.haverford.edu/physics/songs/divine.htm
DIVINE EINSTEIN. "No-one's as dee-vine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or Bohr! His fame went glo-bell, he won the Nobel - He should have been given four! No-one's as dee-vine as Albert Einstein, Professor with brains galore! No-one could outshine Professor Einstein! He gave us special relativity, That's always made him a hero to me! No-one's as dee-vine as Albert Einstein, Professor in overdrive!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ
We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Everything is relative, even simultaneity, and soon Einstein's become a de facto physics deity. 'cos we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity.

Pentcho Valev