Date: Jul 23, 2013 7:42 AM
Author: aserebrenik@gmail.com
Subject: Academic survey: where do you look for answers about R?

Dear all,

Together with my PhD student Bogdan Vasilescu and colleagues from UC Davis (Prem Devanbu, Vladimir Filkov) we are conducting a study of knowledge sharing and knowledge providing in R. In this study, our goal is to understand how R knowledge sharing and knowledge providing actvities have been evolving over time, in the presence of different information exchange media, such as mailing lists, forums, blogs or question&answer websites.

I would like to invite you to answer our survey: http://ow.ly/ndTZ7... and eventually to participate in a longer mail/skype interview.

Your participation is voluntary and confidential. If you agree to participate, you will be asked to complete self-report measures that tell us a bit about your information seeking and information providing experiences related to R. Survey participation is expected to take about 10 minutes of your time.

We thank you in advance for your participation in this study. We plan to include the results of this survey in a scientific publication. Individual responses cannot be traced back to an individual respondent.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander Serebrenik
Assoc Prof MDSE, Math & CS dept
Eindhoven University of technology