Date: Aug 24, 2013 10:27 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: GSC spheres

> Sorry, I can't make head or tail of Frank's statements.
>
> The 24 blocks I assume he's talking about are pictured here:

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s09/figs/f1301.html

Sorry, the previous reply got away from me before I added these links.

That's only 1/4 tetrahedron getting dissected, into 6 wedges, so you see
where it'd really be 24.

> The tetrahedron they assemble is color in red on this poster, even though
> the last row makes them look bigger (it's magnified):

Color poster, several rows, shows polyhedrons being sliced and diced.

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/plates/figs/plate03z.html

> "Frequency" refers to the number of intervals between ball centers along a
> side. The red tetrahedron (on the poster) would be this one:

http://www.earth360.com/math_spheres_ADA.gif (each edge = 1 interval = D =
distance between sphere centers)

We were talking about this before. This 35-ball model is 4-frequency:

http://www.earth360.com/math_spheres_EAB.gif (count the number of
intervals)

> That's "one frequency". Frank's idea of an "A module" is eight times too
> large (volume-wise) and his YouTubes suffer from that inconsistency with
> Fuller's vocabulary, adding to the mushiness of his alternative version of
> Synergetics.
>

> Kirby

In other words, an A module is 1/24th of a unit volume D-edged tetrahedron.

Frank hopes that by writing 24/24 he can magically change this somehow.

He's into hand-waving and hoping for the best.

He seems superstitious to me, or like a gambler in Vegas, hoping next time
he hits the jackpot.

Kirby