Date: Aug 30, 2013 12:47 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan   Meyer

Wayne Bishop posted Aug 30, 2013 9:21 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9240820):

> Cattle have a special place in Hindu India, why
> not horses? Maybe flogging a dead horse shows no
> disrespect since he's already dead but stillÂ…
>
> Wayne

THE expert on flogging dead horses has spoken:
++++++
" If there was any piece of legislation that I could pass it would be to blow up colleges of education."
- --Reid Lyon (Reading Research Expert), in 2001/2002

Now that was a horse that should have been recognized as dead right at birth - still-born, so to speak.

But Professor Wayne Bishop IMMEDIATELY, INSTANTANEOUSLY - with the greatest of joy - took this up as his personal battle- cry or slogan, which he has promoted assiduously ever since, here at Math-teach (and doubtless everywhere else).
++++++

There was never anything, EVER, about seeking to develop *effective* schools of education, of course - or of seeking to find out means to overcome the existing deficiencies of those schools of education. Had there been the least genuine desire to do something along those lines, some effort would have been put into finding practical means to accomplish just that.

"Blowing them up" (whether metaphorically, literally or delusionally) was the ONLY important thing.

Anyone with any other dead horses to flog may please supply. The best of flogging will be provided for all such dead horses.

GSC
("Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!")