Date: Sep 1, 2013 5:51 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: Visualiing Derivatives with Cubes

Lots of ways to delta a shape by a little bit.  Any delta you indicate as a
change in volume in something may be modeled cube-wise or tetrahedron-wise
or some other.

But it's not my agenda to replace the cube across the board. That's an
agenda that gets projected by the cube-insecure.

Lets say calculus is what it is with its cubes and squares.

What I'm into this days, long with Koski, is the scissoring rhombuses,
sharing an axis, evolved from the "two book covers" thought experiment
(each book cover 60-60-60 and kept open to on-another at 180 degrees -- a
page flaps back and forth).

Keeping 5 edges equal and changing just one, that's what interests me. We
use that program for getting volume from edges as inputs. I had a link to
edu-sig for the Python code.

Whether there's some cool "tetrahedron calculus" in the pipeline I wouldn't
necessarily know. The branch of math I've been talking about is fairly
populous.

Zubek keeps repeating a few names but there are more. I don't know what
everyone is up to, don't make it to all the conferences (like the SNEC ones
-- I was in of the founders of SNEC, more so Russell Chu, and see Chris in
Philadelphia maybe once a year).

Kirby

in Chicago