Date: Sep 25, 2013 5:57 AM
Author: Albert D. Rich
Subject: The Timofeev symbolic integration test suite

Chapter 5 of Timofeev's book discusses the integration of expressions involving trig functions.  I transcribed the 121 problems in the chapter and attempted to find optimal antiderivatives for them.  They are available as a pdf file at

http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/TimofeevChapter5IntegrationProblems.pdf

The problems along with all the problems in the odd-numbered chapters of Timofeev book are also available in machine readable form at

http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/

expressed in Axiom, Maple, Mathematica and Maxima syntax.

Timofeev book contains numerous typographical errors, and he does not seem to distinguish between (z^m)^(1/n) and z^(m/n). Also some of the problems require huge, non-elementary antiderivatives which were surly not his intent. If based on Timofeev proposed antiderivative you can determine his true intentions or you know of a more optimal antiderivative, please let me know so I can revise the test suite.

Albert

Albert