Date: Sep 28, 2013 9:23 PM
Author: Murray Eisenberg
Subject: Re: Create a Nasty Password with MATHEMATICA

Re 2: At least for U.S. sites, there are restrictions such as "letters and numbers only, with at least one number", "letters and numbers only with at least one letter, at least one number, and at least one upper-case letter", etc. And widely varying ranges of the number of characters, typically in the range 8 to 24.

On Sep 27, 2013, at 2:30 AM, Matthias Bode <lvsaba@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hola:
>
> SeedRandom["wrAslb4&IXc#K"]
> RandomInteger[{1, 256}, 25]
> FromCharacterCode[%]
>
> works but I cannot reproduce the result using Alt plus the ASCII number given by RandomInteger[{1, 256}, 25] on my new TOSHIBA Satellite machine; original factory settings for the U.S. and QWERTY keybord.
>
> 1. Is there a way to establish complete coincidence of the two partly distinct interpretations of the ASCII numbers?
>
> 2. Will such an outlandish password be generally understood or are there common character usage restrictions which make my exercise useless?
>
> Best regards,
>
> MATTHIAS BODE
> S 17.36398=B0, W 66.21816=B0,2'590 m. AMSL.
> LVSABA@HOTMAIL.COM

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray@math.umass.edu