Date: Sep 30, 2013 11:57 AM
Author: JT
Subject: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc

When i've played with constructing *zeroless* numbersystems i've come a cross terms like bijective and p-adic, since my formalised knowledge of math terms is null. I wonder what these terms really mean and their origin, and is there a difference between bijective base 10 and p-adic base 10?

My native language is not english so what does a numbersystem being p-adic and bijective really refer to?

Basicly i wonder what does these term bring to the properties and understanding of the numbersystem that is missing by simply using zeroless bases?

I do realise that zeroless basesystem may indeed end up with a different set of arithmetic and calculus. But what does these terms bring that zeroless base can not encapsulate?

I will implement some general purpose p-adic??? numbersystem converter and some basic arithmetic working for any p-adic +,-,*,/ SQR,SQRT maybe

Also i wonder about radix notation, when you use decimals to represent numbers in higher bases then 10, what is this type of numerical notation of a base called.

Base 10 number 1344556
Base 77 number 2,72,59,59,

I have a feeling that radix notation is not the correct term for what i use above or is it?

If i write a basechanging function constructed using p-adic and this comma separated decimal notation system, what should i call it so people in math understand the notation?

A general purpose base changing algorithm using
P-adic and comma separated decimal notation?