Date: Oct 2, 2013 12:15 AM
Author: Tom Potter
Subject: Re: "Uncle Al" Schwartz caught on video: Blast from the past!

"Lord Androcles" <71stPigeonHole6thFloor@Rochester.castle> wrote in message
news:2bp2u.7477$7g6.3016@fx28.am4...

> "I don't know" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
> "I guess" -- Michael Moroney wrote in message
> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
> for v = 0.9994c,
> gamma = 1/sqrt(1-0.9994^2)
> = 28.87184456102242327529861961622
> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>
> Speed of Astronaut in the frame of Sirius = distance /time
> = 8.6 ly / 8.605 years = 0.9994c
> Clever Michael Moroney agrees!
>
> Speed of Sirius in the frame of Astronaut =( 8.6 * gamma) / ( 8.605/gamma)
> = 0.9994 * gamma^2
> = 834.7c
> "Nothing can exceed the speed of light"
> Stupid Mickey Moron doesn't like it. Stupid Mickey Moron wants his own
> relativity to replace Einstein's. Stupid Mickey Moron ran away.

gamma = 1/cosine(A) - 1

where cosine(A) is the cosine of the angle
whose sine is velocity(A)/C.

The velocity/C sine function is called beta
and also the fine structure constant.

Considering that the velocity
of electro-magnetic propagation in a medium
is a function of the product of the
permeability and permittivity of the medium,

[ velocity[em]^-2 = permeability * permittivity]

gamma can also be more correctly expressed as:

gamma = 1/sqrt(1-velocity^2 * permeability * permittivity)

as it is more rational to express values
in units that can be quantized with reference
to a precise known standard,

rather than with reference to a man made constant like "c".

For a graphic view of how
permeability * permittivity fit into the scheme of things,
[ Electric, magnetic and gravitational.]

download the tiny PDF file
from the URL below.

http://184.105.237.216/%7Etompotte/unifying%20the%20forces.pdf

The paper also explains how the way a property is measured
[ Average, RMS, peak, peak to peak, quasi-peak, etc.]
fits into the scheme of things,

and how the use of angular or linear displacement standards
affects the numerical values expressed.
[ 1(radius), 2(diameter) or 2pi(angular) ].

--
Tom Potter

http://warp-to.us/
http://tiny.im/390k