Date: Nov 20, 2013 12:22 PM
Author: Jean-Philippe
Subject: Simulink Disc Rotation (Pendulum movement)

Hi,

First, I want to thanks all of you for helping (especially Fex32). I'm doing another post because my english is bad and I want to "try" to be a bit more precise. So here's what I want to do; I want to model on Matlab Simulink the rotation of a disc around a shaft. That disc when at initial position can rotate 90 degrees clockwise and ccw. When you "crank" it to 90 degrees and release it, it does a pendulum movement, until it stops.

Here is a top view of my disc (in black are the rubber bands)
http://s14.postimg.org/4qyp03uw1/sandbox_model2.png

On my second picture we can see the type of curve (chart?) I want to obtain:
http://s21.postimg.org/9q3z9yvbr/forum.png

When rotating the disc, the rubber bands stretches and the inertia momentum isn't constant;
http://s8.postimg.org/3ytooq6o5/graphiquemoment.png

Example of the type of simulink I'd like to have:
http://s7.postimg.org/qf8jsg2bf/graphiquesimulink.png

Youtube video of my prototype: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIRu39fH18

So, here's in other word want I want: I would like to have a simulink files that "model" reaction of my disc. I need to get from it a sinus chart. I need to be able to adjust it to my real prototype with a friction factor.

***I think I need to input Simulink my matlab function of how my Inertia Momentum varies in time? ****
Here is the function:
M = force1*armlever1/1000+force2*armlever2/1000

Thanks so much,
JP