Date: Dec 13, 2013 2:39 PM
Author: Sharmin Hakim
Subject: Survey Help for Dissertation- Free Amazon or iTunes Gift Card for All Participants

Dear Math Educators,

I need your help with my dissertation research. I am a doctoral candidate
from Teachers College, Columbia University, and I am researching factors
that influence pre-service mathematics teachers' use of technology in
secondary classrooms. All participants who complete the online survey will
receive their choice of a $20 Amazon or iTunes gift code from me via e-mail
within 24 hours of completion.

The survey takes approximately 35 minutes to complete.

I am specifically looking for math teachers in New York State who received
initial certification (grades 7-12) within the past year or student
teachers currently working with grades 7-12 to participate in this study.

If you know a new math teacher or someone who is hosting a student teacher,
please let them know about this opportunity.

Participation in this study will help others understand how prepared
pre-service mathematics teachers as a whole feel regarding technology use
in the classroom. No names or names of schools are collected, and the data
is confidential.

You can access the survey here:
https://tccolumbia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2aGY5EOo49bGrPv

If you would like more information about this study or have any questions,
please contact me by e-mail at sah2028@tc.columbia.edu. Thank you for your
support!

-Sharmin Hakim

Doctoral Candidate in Instructional Technology and Media

Research Associate, Center for Technology and School Change

Teachers College, Columbia University

MA in Secondary Mathematics Education

New York University

This study has been approved by the Teachers College, Columbia University
Institutional Review Board, Protocol 13-386.