Date: Dec 14, 2013 9:46 AM
Author: oercim@yahoo.com
Subject: logic of ANOVA

Hello, I have a comment for ANOVA.  However, I cant find its relation with usual logic of ANOVA. Lets we have a variance s1= which is variance of whole data. Lets s2 be the avarage of variance of each groups(within). So If the means are equal, total s1 must be very close to s2. As the means gets far, the total vaiance will be larger according to s2. I mean, If the means are equal s1/s2=~1, If the means are not close, s1/s2>1. However, I cant find a relation with this logic and ythe usual between- within logic. Do I think something wrong? Thanks a lot.