Date: Jan 18, 2014 1:37 PM
Author: Richard Hake
Subject: Do "Alien Species" Exist in the Universe?

Some subscribers to Math-Teach might be interested in a discussion list post "Do 'Alien Species' Exist in the Universe?" [Hake (2014)]. The abstract reads:

ABSTRACT: Paul Handover in his "Learning from Dog's" <> blog entry "One couldn't make it up: Stop the world, I want to get off" at <>, introduced George Monbiot's <> (2014) brilliant investigative Guardian piece "Drowning in Money: the untold story of the crazy public spending that makes flooding inevitable: Every year billions are spent in Britain and Europe on policies that wreck homes and lives through flooding" <>, with the following:

I am feeling somewhat forlorn about the way that we humans work things out! As the old saying goes:

Q1. Why has Planet Earth never been visited by an alien species?

A1. Because they have seen no signs of intelligent life!"

Q2. Do "alien species" exist in the Universe?

A2. Probably Not! ? see " 'Where is Everybody?' Failure to Detect Intelligence in the Universe is Due to Failure of Universities Throughout the Universe" [Hake (2013)] at <> (6.8 MB).

To access the complete 49 kB post please click on <>.

Richard Hake, Emeritus Professor of Physics, Indiana University; Honorary Member, Curmudgeon Lodge of Deventer, The Netherlands; President, PEdants for Definitive Academic References which Recognize the Invention of the Internet (PEDARRII); LINKS TO: Academia <>; Articles <>; Blog <>; Facebook <>; GooglePlus <>; Google Scholar <>; Linked In <>; Research Gate <>; Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) Labs <>; Twitter <>.

REFERENCES [URL shortened by <> and accessed on 17 Jan 2014.]

Hake, R.R. "Do 'Alien Species' Exist in the Universe?" online on the OPEN! AERA-L archives at <>. The abstract and link to the complete post are being transmitted to several discussion lists and are also on my blog "Hake'sEdStuff" at <>.