Date: Feb 21, 2014 2:40 PM
Author: Jerry P. Becker
Subject: Conference Announcement: RL Moore Legacy and ...

****************************
From the RUME listserve, Friday, February 21, 2014.
****************************
RUME community,

This email is an invitation to participate in the 17th annual RLMoore
Legacy and Inquiry-Based Learning (IBL) Conference, which will be
held in Denver, June 19-21.

For those of you not familiar with this group, the IBL community is a
big-tent gathering of mathematicians and mathematics educators who
discuss ways that students can actively explore and discover
mathematics. This year's theme is "engaging with inquiry-based
learning", and it promises to be the most interactive of the
conferences to date. The conference is heavily and generously
subsidized by the MAA and the Educational Advancement Foundation,
hence affordable, and these groups are particularly eager to support
new people in attending these meetings.

In my personal experience, the mathematicians in the IBL community
are those that are most closely aligned with RUME in values and
approaches. In the past few years, a large segment of the IBL
community has been actively seeking the rigorous methods that RUME
could help provide, so I particularly hope that you will consider
applying to present:

http://www.legacyrlmoore.org/Reports/201406/call_papers.html.

The deadline for first-round consideration is 3/1.

Cheers, Brian Katz

Brian P Katz, PhD
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Augustana College
Rock Island, IL 61201
309-794-8277
briankatz@augustana.edu