Date: Mar 4, 2014 11:01 AM
Author: Lou Cino
Subject: Summer Institutes for Math Teachers – Mollo<br> y College

This summer, Molloy College, located on Long Island, will be offering over 50 different Summer Institutes for Teachers on an intensive, one-week, Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. ? 4 p.m. format, at either our main campus in Rockville Centre, Nassau County or at our Suffolk Center in East Farmingdale in a variety of subjects, including the following math areas:
June 30-July 3:
Statistics for Teachers of AP: Instructor: Dr. Joe Oechsle; Suffolk

Technology and the Common Core Standards of Mathematical Practice: Instructor: JoAnn Miltenberg; RVC

July 7-10:
Adapting to Common Core Math: Rethinking Methods and Strategies of Teaching and Testing: Instructor: Chris Healy; Suffolk

Common Core State Standards: HS Geometry: Instructor: Kristin Anglin; RVC

July 14-17:
Calculus BC for Teachers of AP: Instructor: Dr. Maxine Lifshitz; Suffolk

Teaching Algebra 1 with the Common Core Standards: Instructor: Ann Davidian; RVC

July 21-24:
Calculus AB for Teachers of AP: Instructor: Dr. Maxine Lifshitz; Suffolk

Common Core Practice Standards & Questioning Techniques in High School Mathematics: Instructor: Ann Davidian; RVC

Common Core State Standards: Algebra II: Instructor: Chris Healy; Suffolk

Each Summer Institute may be taken for 3 graduate credits at a reduced rate of tuition ($900 per Institute) for teachers taking the Institutes for professional development or on a non-credit basis for 2 in-service credits ($495 or $795 - AP Institutes). Course descriptions for the Institutes, application and registration information, as well as travel directions and other information, can be found in our website at: www.molloy.edu/ce/summer<http://www.molloy.edu/ce/summer>.

If you should have any questions regarding the Institutes, or would like a brochure mailed to you, please email me at: lcino@molloy.edu<mailto:lcino@molloy.edu> or call my office at: 516-323-3554.

Regards-
Lou Cino
Louis J. Cino
Dean,
Division of Continuing Education and Professional Development
Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Avenue
PO Box 5002
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002