Date: Mar 9, 2014 8:52 PM
Author: ross.finlayson@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Infinity: The Story So Far

On 3/8/2014 2:30 PM, Virgil wrote:
> But such carefulness with the truth is well beyond WM's capabilities.

Virgil, over the years a carefulness with the truth is part of
conscientiousness with the truth. Here at least with mathematical
truth and logical truth, for example in definition with at least
given terms to establish constants, predicates, relations, then it
is not enough to have a definition of the integers, rather the
framework about it defines the sophistication of the conscientious
acknowledgment of the facts about the numbers, here as from an
inductive set and each finite n-set or initial segment of ordinals
or ordinal.

What is required is the carefulness of the truth that it is beyond
the standard consequences of the definitions.

Here then it is for the least amount that is infinite and the least
amount that is continuous. Where there isn't that, the numbers
aspire to it. For, the greatest amount is infinite and continuous.

Carefulness with the truth requires having a quite direct grasp of
it.

This, compared to carefulness about "truths".

Then, for me, luckily I wrote it as I saw fit here with the grasp in
foundations and the usual chance in mathematics at finding something
new in foundations (zero). Then it was simply to expound upon
foundations that course would bear out. This then simply made
enough sense to me that I could go on as I saw fit about it. Here
for example the general comment then is of the lift, to make sense.
The point in that would be the estimation on the high energy lines,
then as those are usually interpolated or carried out, then general
idea of the usual features and effects of systems large and small in
the large, the usual effects are stochastic and measurable there
must be some mathematical explanation for them.