Date: Mar 17, 2014 7:36 PM
Author: Joe Niederberger
Subject: Re: How science  shaped modern 'rejection of religion'

>To sum up. All people are religious, they believe in things that cannot be proven.

I wouldn't put it that way, or use the word "religious" for that meaning. But its a good point, and the lack of a proper word for that keeps it less generally recognized how many things scientific people take on faith. Today its very trendy to talk about multi-verses in several different senses. Paul Davies at least has pointed out how much faith is involved. See the NY Times article link: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/24/opinion/24davies.html?_r=0
He's generally ignored.

Cheers
Joe N