Date: Mar 18, 2014 12:36 AM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: How science  shaped modern 'rejection of religion'

On Mar 17, 2014, at 7:36 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

>> To sum up. All people are religious, they believe in things that cannot be proven.
>
> I wouldn't put it that way, or use the word "religious" for that meaning.

Ok, just isolated beliefs are not be enough to be ?religious?, we'll call them just ?faith?. But when a person starts collecting these non proven beliefs into a theory, then I think we have a ?religion? and they are being ?religious?. At least that is how we have applied the term to some elements of the math wars.

I did point out in my post about being careful with these types of thoughts. If we do that then maybe that is how we avoid becoming religious.

Bob Hansen