Date: Mar 18, 2014 12:11 PM
Author: Joe Niederberger
Subject: Re: How science  shaped modern 'rejection of religion'

>If we do that then maybe that is how we avoid becoming religious.

I think the Davies article is pretty much right on.
Here's a better version of it with various replies by the authorities:
http://www.edge.org/conversation/taking-science-on-faith
(I think Smolin comes closest

Something that I haven't seen much in philosophical discussions is the notion that physical laws themselves could be riddled with the same sort of incompleteness phenomenon as mathematics. If that's true, the whole notion that everything physical can in principle be explained by some finite set of mathematical physical laws (TOE) could be a pipe dream.

Cheers,
Joe N