Date: Mar 20, 2014 3:00 PM
Author: Julian
Subject: Colormapping Matrix with 99-90% zeros and several peaks

I have a Matrix with values ranging from 0 to 2*pi, size of this matrix is 2000² (just as a reference) and there are very few values in there (a maximum of 2*32²).

Now i need a method or an idea to visualize this. What I have so far:

figure;
image(Z1) %Z1=matrix<=size=2000*2000
colormap(jet)

Of course Finding those pixels is hard and they aren't a very good representation.

So my thougth was to make a convolution of the matrix with a 2D-gaussian curve (curve beeing normed at maximum to 1).
But that seems a very crude methode and I have to use this a lot.

Furthermore I'd like it to exclude all zeros ( colormap from white (0) to blue(lowest) to red (highest)).

I really hope for some ideas or usefull matlab methods.

Thanks in advance