Date: Mar 20, 2014 5:35 PM
Author: Dan Christensen
Subject: Re: § 454   Equality and the axioms of natural numbers

The real numbers can also be constructed from Peano's axioms. It should be
possible to prove than no irrational number is equal to a natural number.
Deny it if you want to look like a complete idiot, WM.

Dan
Visit my new math blog at http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

************

wrote in message

On Thursday, 20 March 2014 20:51:31 UTC+1, Dan Christensen wrote:
> In formal proofs, your
> axioms are your entire world. You cannot use any other "facts" no matter
> how
> "obvious" they might be.

Then let us know whether pi is a natural number - from the Peano axioms
which, according to you, "fully capture the common intuition of the natural
numbers". Do not use any other "facts". And don't answer that we have not
yet pi. I have it, and many other readers of the Peano axioms have it too.

Regards, WM